In 2010 the Old Brightonians Association was welcomed into the Development & Alumni Office at Brighton College. The College's future and yours is inextricably linked to our past; past pupils are a key feature in our history, and also have a crucial role to play in Brighton's ambitious future. Our collaborative projects to refurbish the school and provide new and exciting spaces for our pupils can be seen and enjoyed across the College campus. Generations of OBs have helped their modern counterparts by supporting the College in a myriad of different ways, ensuring that the opportunity to benefit from a Brighton College education is passed on.
The Aims of the Old Brightonians:
- To enable former pupils to keep in touch with one another, the College, and their former teachers.
- To provide regular social occasions, both formal and informal, and to help members who wish to organise their own events when possible.
- To support a wide range of clubs and societies, sports teams and activities which can be enjoyed by Old Brightonians.
- To help Old Brightonians to share their experiences and opportunities with one another.
- To strengthen the links between Brighton College and former pupils.
In order to keep in touch with our ever-growing alumni, we have started identifying individuals to head up regional and country groups in areas where there is a thriving community of OBs.
This term we have appointed representatives for the USA, Hong Kong and the Middle East, as well as founding the first of our regional groups in London.
The commitment of these individuals’ time will be an invaluable resource for our office, as they help us to spread the net in engaging former pupils.