In 2010 the Old Brightonians Association was welcomed into the Development & Alumni Office at Brighton College and is now run as the ‘Old Brightonians’. Membership fees are now part of the College school fees, so that every pupil graduating becomes an 'Old Brightonian'. All past OBs are currently being ‘joined’ free of charge to the network as part of the College’s welcoming of its alumni into the College community. We are always delighted to hear from pupils and parents, past and current, as well as anyone from the wider community with an interest in Brighton College. Based in the College Bursary building, on College Road, we are here all throughout the year, including school holidays, so please feel free to contact us whenever you like.
The College's future and yours is inextricably linked to our past; past pupils are a key feature in our history, and also have a crucial role to play in Brighton's ambitious future. Our collaborative projects to refurbish the school and provide new and exciting spaces for our pupils can be seen and enjoyed across the College campus. Generations of OBs have helped their modern counterparts by supporting the College in a myriad of different ways, ensuring that the opportunity to benefit from a Brighton College education is passed on.
In order to keep in touch with our ever-growing alumni, we have started identifying OB ambassadors to head up regional and country groups in areas where there is a thriving community of Old Brightonians. To find out more about Overseas Ambassadors click here.
The Aims of the Old Brightonians
- To enable former pupils to keep in touch with one another, the College, and their former teachers.
- To provide regular social occasions, both formal and informal, and to help members who wish to organise their own events when possible.
- To support a wide range of clubs and societies, sports teams and activities which can be enjoyed by Old Brightonians.
- To help Old Brightonians to share their experiences and opportunities with one another.
- To strengthen the links between Brighton College and former pupils.