Charles is flying over from the USA to attend our Pioneers Club next week at the College, and we are very much looking forward to catching up with his news. As a Lt Col. retired anaesthetist in the US Air Force we are sure he will have a few good yarns to tell us over lunch.
- When you were at Brighton College, what did you want to be when you 'grew-up'?
Something to do with "medicine'!
- What are you now you've grown up?
"That assumes that I have actually grown up"!, but seriously I am a retired Nurse Anaesthetist.
- What is your best memory of school?
Rugby & Cricket....also cross country runs (to Roedean).
- What was the best piece of advice you were given
This was given to me by my Father (a physician) "You have no business going into the medical field"!
- What do you do /did you do as a career
- What does your job involve?
Spent hours upon hours of sheer boredom interspersed with moments of mind boggling and absolute PANIC! and at the same time putting up with surgeons who thought they walked on water.
- What are the most challenging parts of your job?
See question 6.
- What have you done that you are most proud of?
Raised six boys (four of them I adopted) all are terrific and make me feel that I have done a good job of raising them.
- What is the single thing that would most improve the quality of your life?
Wouldn't change a thing.
- What are the three objects you would take with you to a desert island?
A well-stocked library ... my wife....and my Golden Retriever not necessarily in that order.
- How would you like to be remembered?
It took a while but "He finally got his act together".